View Single Post
Old August 12, 2012, 08:09 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ammark
Big enough. Every summer enough poor farmers in the north, and associated tradesmen rely on Fazli Aam for a fat lot of bucks.

Same for Jamdani Sharis, except that the modern Bengali female with disposable income is increasingly dispensated to salwar kameez and silk saris/ hijabi type jhobbas.

Regardless... Government Officers and their ilk are inept and outright incompetent to manage anything about national interest. I wouldnt so much cry about spilt milk, versus the buffoons who do the spilling.
Let me rephrase...what % of the revenue comes from exports - since thats what this "copyright" would effect. Presumably domestic consumption of magos, saris, and the third thing will be unchanged regardless of whether India patents them as her own or not. I would assume, that export revenues would make a small part of Bangladesh's overall GDP and that far bigger fish (water/transport issues with India) are already being or have been fried.

Government might be inept, but ultimately people are responsible for their own conditions. Bill Maher said it quite well in regards to the poor conservatives in the US when he asked "I understand why the 1% are Republicans but the other 49% are basically like a person who wakes up in the middle of the night and sees burglars robbing his house and says 'Gee, that looks heavy, let me give you hand.'"

Who will be Bangladesh's Mohamed Bouazizi?

#OneTeam1Dream