View Single Post
Old October 5, 2010, 04:47 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabz
For years, and i means years after years, he was the lone fighter who shouldered the burden of our expectation, all by himself.
There was a time, we had only Ash.
And, thats it.
With the willow in hand, we didnt have anyone to dream with, no one could either.
Our dream started the moment Ash walked into the field and finished the moment he left.

More often than not, yes, we were dissapointed. But before you blame the whole thing onto him, please do remember our cricketing culture, our social culture, our sporting history and glories.
No one in the history of our 39 years of existence had to walk around with as much expectation as Ash did in his pimple faced years.

But the days he stood up for himself and for his country, those were glorious days. When his bat sang, the whole 160 million danced with it. He stood up against the improbable and done the impossible.
And it was only Mohammad Ashraful of Bangladesh, could have done that from Bangladesh, for Bangladesh.

Now we have Tamim.
Now we have Sakib.
Mashrafee was always there, but we've spent a better part of his career wondering whether to let him roar or bubble wrap him.

But for all he had to endure, I'm pretty confident that Inshallah Allah would pay him back in great many folds. All these love and adulation of the commoners doesn't go wasted.

Ash would get back in the team on his own merit and this time when he does, he would shine the way he was always meant to be.

I believe in him.
Sometimes you just do.
Very nicely said Rabz bhai
He has been a great serviceman for Bangladesh and Inshallah he will come back strongly