Thread: Pace Pipeline
View Single Post
Old April 22, 2013, 08:29 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Taskin Ahmed - TazKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeesh
Selectors might be tempted to bring Taskin into the mix as a reactive strategy. Just worried the move might be too early for the guy-almost like Abul Hasan.

Taskin has played only 10 first class matches with a haul of 24. Its not just the lack of experience, also worry whether he is physically ready for the job. Knowing the player he is, he will go all out. We all know our history with injuries with pace bowlers. Not one person has been able to be injury free for a stretch of games. A long term injury early in the career could be a disaster. Rather have him play another couple of seasons of First Class, A Team Tours, time at the academy and then bring him in.
Well said. I might support his inclusion if it is T20s or even ODIs. But tests for atleast 3/4 years is a big no. Unless BCB wants to lose a talent like him. Why the hurry? There are senior pacers who haven't got a chance yet, look at Robiul everyone wrote him off while he kept performing at the domestic level. He has got swing going and taking wickets and coming good for us, I think we have enough reserve for now for the tests.

About Taskin, let him play the U-19 world cup, the U-19 series to follow, more first class matches and another BPL. Let him grow more and learn more about the game. He will outgrow any players when he debuts then. But as I have said before, a talent like him will be hard to keep on the sidelines.