Thread: Alok
View Single Post
Old January 20, 2005, 05:11 PM
Cricket Legend

Default i still dont understand how rana is supposed to add to the bowling

i have seen rana bowl and i can't for the life of me understand what is so special about him. he doesnt give the ball flight and he doesnt spin it either. i can understand his inclusion in the ODIs, because although he is the ugliest batsman i have seen (in strokeplay and not looks, before someone has a go at me about that comment), he does score crucial runs every now and then. but how can the selectors even contemplate taking him in a test side as a bowler i just don't understand. enam was always a million times better, so why didnt enam play against india rather than rana?

anyway, since this is about rana's inclusion in the ODI side, i'll get back on topic. rana is a useful cricketer at times. but with an eye to the future of bd cricket, we will be much better served hoping that Alok comes good, because he is a player of considerable talent, than to carry on with Rana, who is a mediocre player at best. rana will probably play in the next game and take five wickets just so that everyone can take me apart for what i just wrote, but that doesn't change anything. everyone has their day, and if rana does play in the national team in the next match, i hope he does well for the sake of our side. but i just don't think he is a future star in the making, but Alok just might be.