View Single Post
Old March 25, 2011, 08:41 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Richard Hadlee, Shakib

The Ranking number itself is basically an indication of where you are compared to other teams. In reality out 8/9 ranking has more to do with the fall of the West Indies than it does with our rise.

What really matters is the points. 100 is an indication of a consistant 50/50 team. We are still quite a ways from that. At 68 compared to AUS to top the charte in teh 128-130 zone, it means that we are just as inconsistant at losing as Australia are at winning.

So here are what the rankings mean to me:

- #8 is a big deal as not even ZIM ever achieved that. It puts to end the whole G8 thing and forces ICC to make decisions with us in mind as opposed to just cutting everything off with the typical 8 teams

- 100 ranking points is the goal.

- Would much rather see us in semis or better of major tournaments (if there are any outhside of the WC) than having a high ranking and never making it that far. I'm sure South Africa, England and New Zealand would agree. I don't think NZ would care about being #7 if they won the world cup

- We do have to look to the ranking as a measuring stick and make sure we minimize hiccups against those below us and start beating them CONVINCINGLY. We need to be able to start to punch below our weight and score knockouts at a more regular basis.