View Single Post
Old January 3, 2007, 10:16 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alien
There were over millions of death penalties before Saddam's and has been happening since the dawn of civilisation. Problem is people never learn. They will be scared, feel sad for the condemned and after a few months will forget about it. There are many dictators running around the world in N. Korea, Cuba, Venezuela, do you think any of them will give up their job because Saddam got hanged?

You can't undo the past in most crimes, but when you kill a criminal you aren't achieving anything better either. It's committing judicial murder. Thing is, death penalty has been the status quo for milleniums in many countries and its one of those things people are reluctant to change.
I guess all I can do is convey. If someone gets it fine and dandy. If not no loss to me. I will try one last time.

(Please reread my posts in this thread if possible) I have never mentioned anything of Saddam's execution. I was giving a general backing of death penalty and its need. Without the death penalty YES there will more criminals who would murder left and right knowing they can get away alive. Think deep. What a person fears the most in general?

"People never learn" comment is extreme. They why have any law at all? People will never learn, period. Why punish the thief for the pety theft he has done. Let him enjoy what he has stolen. Let him have what wasn't his. Right can not be equal to wrong.

The fear of death penalty allows the general citizens to be civilized.