View Single Post
Old September 3, 2005, 10:47 PM
First Class Cricketer

If he plays in this current form for another 12 games, i.e., in the home series against Srilanka and Southafrica, i am sure he will be dropped and he will not be able to get back into the team. He is a proud man. If he is wounded he will strike back very hard. Thats why I wanted him to be rested off for atleast 5 ODIs. Remember years years years back when Dravid when he was young and was dropped he came back with a very good fight to the ODIs and become more consistent.

See history whenever a player is not taken for 4 to 5 ODIs or a series they bounce back very hard if they are good players. If he player is dropped for a longer time we will never see him again. Look at Bevan do we remember him. He was kept for some games without form and then dropped permanently. My policy is say you are off for 4 ODIs go back to nets and practise and go back and play domestic matches. Get back to the team in good form. If you are good form door is opened. If you are not come back in good form.

Not

I have played very well in the past. I wanted to be in team through out my life until I am 36 to 38 year old when I am retiring without dropped for a single game even when I am not productive for some matches. I wont allow youngesters to be given a chance.