View Single Post
Old April 27, 2013, 04:14 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beamer
Ideally I would like Mushy at no.4 ( but he keeps wkts and no.4 might be too soon to bat after lest say keeping all day ). But, technically, I understand what you are saying and I also want what you want. So, 1 Tamim 2 Jahirul ( I have a feeling he will start converting ) 3. Ash ( huge X factor, he can swing the momentum completely ) 4 Mushy 5 Sakib 6 Mominul/Riyad ( when he plays ) 7 Nasir ( God send ?? ) 8-11 Bowlers. That line up mixes it up nicely.
Totally agree. 200%

I would have liked to see an Anamul, perhaps he can spell Jaharul if he ends up failing, but I too think Jaharule is one breakout innings from being good by our standards. As is, he averages over 30 despite never scoring a 50. I too think Mominul is perhaps not cut out for #4 yet. With him its more a temperament issue since his technique is not bad at all. Anamul has the opposite problem, good to great temperament, but his technique is not up to par.

Who are the bowlers you would keep in the mix?

I'd take Robiul and put Taskin in for our next test series. Gazi and Shakib as the primary spinners with Enam being the backup. I'd keep Nazmul and Sajid as the third and fourth seamers respecitvely. We should forget about Abul, Zia, and Rubel. I think a medium pace all rounder would be a great addition. One who can average under 40 with ball and 20-25 with bat. Folks mention Alauddin Babu...I don't know anything about him, but that criteria is what we could really use. I want to see Gazi be a guy who averages 18-20 with bat. And I want to see Mushy use Nasir's off spin and medium pace a little bit more.

#OneTeam1Dream