View Single Post
Old January 8, 2013, 10:53 AM
Banned

Default List of decent players still unsold

I know BPL is a place where you want to see a lot of slam bam cricket played by big names, but you also need some utility players to ensure that your team is in a strong position.

I think a lot of decent players have missed out from a BPL contract. Here are some:

1) Shivnarine Chanderpaul

Not know for big hits by any mean but chanders can give you stability in the top order. His ability to play uncommon shots, prevent collapse, and ofcourse his wealth of experience, is vital for teams like sylhet, khulna, rangpur. Youngsters should not miss out on the oppurtunity on taking advice from him.

2) Peter Trego

Another quality cricketer who I think made a bad name for his average performance last year. The somerset allrounder has played a lot of T20 matches and also played brilliantly in the 2011 CLT20 where he scored loads of runs and also bowled some decent spells. I think he is a great player to have on your side, shouldnt have been ignored on the basis of last year's performance. Obviously it was his first time playing on slow low tracks of the SC and he stumbled. But now that he knows the conditions much better I think he really deserved to be picked.

3) Yasir Arafat

Probably not a popular name but yasir arafat is a useful T20 bowler. He has played in several T20 leagues and has loads of experience in this format. Not a superb player by any means, but good enough to have been given a BPL contract, better than kabir ali and shane harwood atleast.

4) Mascarenhas

I can remember the match when mascarenhas hit 5 sixes in last 5 deliveries of the match to help england cross 300 against India. A very good shorter format batsman and decent medium pace bowler. He played well in last year IPL as well, got a 5fer as well.

There are plenty of others: Nathan McCullum, Cameron Borgas, Niel O'brian who can certainly be quite useful. What do you guys think? I think weaker teams should get their grab on these players