BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.H.Rubel
Anybody can have a translation?

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Opening of tournament: BCB style

Staff Correspondent

The Bangladesh Cricket Board took all by surprise on Monday when it stopped play after the fall of a wicket and sent its senior vice-president Mahbubul Anam to open the BCB Cup.

The handful of spectators could not believe their eyes when they saw Anam and his fellow BCB officials stepping in for inauguration after national team spinner Sohrawardi Shuvo claimed a wicket of the GP-BCB Academy side in the first ball of the 15th over.

The game resumed soon but the bizarre opening left a lasting memory on the players and spectators present at the ground.

When contacted, Mahbub said he was not told by the tournament committee about the plan of opening and thus came to the ground late.

‘I went to the ground to watch the game. I had no idea that I have to open the tournament, otherwise It would have arrived on time. I had no intention to stop play for inauguration,’

Hafizur Rahman Zoarder, organising secretary of the tournament, however, contradicted Mahbub’s statement.

‘It was not planned all of a sudden. He knew that he has to open the tournament but was caught in a traffic jam perhaps,’ he said.

http://newagebd.com/newspaper1/sports/33028.html