View Single Post
Old March 30, 2012, 10:22 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shak,TI,Mash,Mushy,Dravid

Quote:
Originally Posted by zsayeed
Thanks. Greatness, I am speaking of - and greatness occurs in the dark recesses of the heart. Not by stats. Stats will speak volumes after the event - as does Sobers'. He is capable of greatness; and to say that one does not care - is robbing of the dream. Why apologize for it ? Set the sights high. He is not on trial here, its to set a target - remember: passion starts with a belief. A lifetimes work may result in greatness. It is not out of reach... or is it?

10 years from now I want to look back at that table, and be able to say, aah what a dream we dreamt!
Yes the dream of 160 millions will definitely translate into reality someday. But my point is not to get obsessed with stats. Yeah we fans can afford to do so but not Shak. He should just concentrate on how to improve his performance right at this point. Yes I believe that you are as big/great as your dreams. This boy has always dreamt big and that's the secret of his success of course. This is the boy who at the age of 12 confronted his dad and said "I don't want to be a footballer because football won't give me the ticket to play and win world cup" his dad was astonished by his audacious dream.

But you see the reality is Shakib won't get enough matches to prove himself as one of the all time great all-rounders. That's why I said he have to prove himself in whatever limited opportunity he gets.