View Single Post
Old June 12, 2013, 07:55 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

Last time i had really awesome (!) experience with dhaka foods. Normally i don't face too much problem with foods but this time was hell of an experience. A person who stays away from dhaka foods for at least 1/2 years can easily feel how the quality of foods has really gone down.

I tried street fuchka with my friends in Ashulia = patla paykhana for straight 3 days with fever.

Then i tried indian foods (dosa, mosa something) in Uttara = 1 sleepless night with continous vomiting

I was not done yet. After taking few days off, then i tried jhaal murgi with nun, beef and lassi in Star kabab. This time was little better but my little stomach could not digest all at a time. So, all those foods formed gas in my stomach and i was continuously polluting the air with some massive sounds. Still good enough for me.

All those incidents happened within 2 weeks of arrival. But luckily and gradually i got used to the food quality and had no big upsets later on.

So, my advice to all who will go to dhaka after long break, don't just jump into foods the moment you touch down. Stay away from rich foods specially outside foods for at least 1 week. Let your stomach and body get used to the normal food first, if you find no problem then gradually start from good restaurants to street foods. Otherwise, you have to be in bed for 2-3 weeks for nothing.

Thanks and happy eating