View Single Post
Old November 28, 2012, 08:55 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shak,TI,Mash,Mushy,Dravid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
So you a guy gets out few times in the 90s and he has nervous 90s syndrom? Getting out in the 90s couple of times doesn't necessarily mean they have the "nervous 90s." And I wasn't comparing Cook to Shakib! Where did you get that? I asked if you ever saw Cook ever pull a Shakib, as in do what Shakib does in the 90s.

Everyone gets nervous when they get close to milestone, it's only natural. You can't use that to mark off points. But People like Sachin, Watson, Shakib take it to the next level as they totally change their batting when they get close to 100, act unnatural, and get out. It's visible in their batting, not stats.

Also, you circled nearing 50s? Really? It's in the name, nervous NINETIES. Again, just because list shows a guy got out couple of times nearing a milestone, doesn't mean he has nervousness issues. It's about HOW he got out, not WHEN.

And again, you are making stuff up about the beard. I made it up? My comment was an observation based on the previous comments about his beard and his fasting and what not. Read the thread and calm down with the !!! and the ???
No sane batsman in the world will pull a Shakib (particularly the last shot he played) so let's leave that example.

Now that was one of my criteria to vote Amla ahead of Cook. If you think getting out in 90s and 40s doesn't mean he is nervous then that's your point of view. If you want to overlook the stats then that's your decision as well. None of us actually know what goes through their mind when they are nearing to their personal milestone. As you said it's only normal. Could be but if one batsman gets out quite a few times nearing a milestone compared to the other then he might still have some issues in controlling his emotions IMHO.

Anyways no point in arguing as all of them are class act. Sometimes one will be in super form and sometimes the other. Like this year Clarke is in extraordinary form, next year it could be Cook. The most important part is who is more consistent over the years !!!