View Single Post
Old September 19, 2007, 12:20 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC Design Team

Favorite Player: Shahriar Biddyut

Mashrafee by far has been the most disappointing. Tony C was way too kind and quite respectful towards our vice-captain, as he repeatedly said, "I know he can bat. He can bat better than this. I've seen his stats." But those ugly, moronic swipes were far too shameful for not Mashrafee alone, but for the entire team. Thats not how an international cricketer goes about his batting, be it first-ball facing opener, or the last-ball facing no.11 batsman of the team. You are in the national team, and go out to bat to play cricketing shots, or slog. But I am sorry, those were NOTHING - wafting the bat like a sword. Even if he managed to make contact with the ball, there'd be a lobbed-up catch at best. Disgusting showing from Mashrafee Mortaza. About his bowling... the less said, the better. He's not getting job even half-done, to put it simply.

Tamim comes second in the list of highly disappointing players from our team. He needs to go consult with a para-cricketer about coming down-the-track, and not diagonally-out-of-the-pitch.

Alok Kapali, Farhad Reza, Ashraful (for his mindless batting against Sri Lanka) and Nazimuddin must get the honorable mention.