View Single Post
Old September 20, 2007, 05:12 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beamer
Failure to live upto a certain expectation results in disappointment. In that regard, I am disappointed at a few individuals who clearly didn't live up to it.

Tamim : No. I had no expectation from him. He is a very limted player with misplaced arrogance. Team management must take responsibilty for not recognizing his shorcomings as a batsman.

Nazim : Somewhat. After his pre-tournament performances, he froze like a deer in the headlight when the big boys came to party. In 20/20s, your top four must account for the majority of the runs. Collective failure of Nazim and Tamim made sure we had to rely on top two instead of four. The end game : One win when two of the top four clicked.

Ash : Majorly disappointed with his batting. After the WI heroics, he wanted to better that innings with a faster one against SA. Instead he got out playing a crazy shot. Against Aus and SL, he should have anchored the innings after the loss of openers, but, still batted as if he wanted to earn a spot in the record books. I would like to criticize his captaincy but won't be too harsh on him since we are new to this 20/20 thing. Still, his handling of bowlers could have been better, especially against SL, when he left Razzak for an over..

Sakib : No. Did pretty good with his bowling. But, he is not a no.5 in 20/20 and it showed. Not disappointed with him since he doesn't overate himself and knows his limitation.

Alok : Yes. Disappointed. Simply because I had higher expectation from him in light of good domestic and warm up T20's back home.

Mushy : No. He is a work in progress behind the stumps and actually did well sans a few blundersvs SL. Didn't have a chance to bat. Team management missed a big chance here. They should have promoted him vs SA, SL when we were in trouble at the top. We needed a cool headed accumulator to anchor those innings.

Mash : Major disappointment since we have the highest expectation from him. He needs a break from cricket before NZ tour.

Razzak, Rasel lived upto their expectation. Riad did well in only game he played. Frahad gave what he is capable of.
Spot on.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)