View Single Post
Old January 21, 2010, 06:07 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

while watching this test, i was chatting with a friend of mine, and we both noticed that ashraful tends to play at ease against spinners, more so than any other player on the team. mushfiqur is a close second.

however, ash is totally clueless against good fast bowling in test level. this is why he has an average of 12-13 outside of the subcontinent.

one possible solution, is to drop him to number 6 or 7, and promote mushy (riyad is fine where he is, he's no top order batsman) to number 4 or number 5. Rock plays as the other position 5 or 4, shakib stays at 6. i would persist with tamim and imrul, but SN deserves the chop after the way he played in both innings coupled with he hasn't played FC cricket in nearly 2 years. in his place i would bring in junaid, or possibly naeem islam. another guy i think we are prematurely not considering is mehrab jr. he had some good innings against NZ just over a year ago.

if ashraful continues to fail at 6 or 7 (i'd give him the rest of this series) its time to drop him and make him a situational player who plays only against India and SL in subcontinental conditions.

let him play first class cricket and maintain a 50+ average for 2 entire seasons and we can test him out. but a serious lesson needs to be learned, as well as technical refinements.

#OneTeam1Dream