View Single Post
Old December 15, 2010, 08:37 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcruic
India is by far the best team, and Nepal is the 2nd best team. Pakistan is nowhere near as good as India. If you remember, India beat them 6-0 back in January at the South Asian Games.
I don't know what made you think Pakistan was good - they struggled to beat Maldives 2-1 with a last minute penalty. This is the same Maldives team who lost 6-0 to Nepal in their first match.

Remaining group matches:

Bangladesh v Bhutan - Bangladesh beat Bhutan 7-0 in a friendly just before the tournament, so this should be a comfortable win to send Bangladesh to the semi-finals.

India v Sri Lanka - India beat Sri Lanka 8-1 back in January, and they should have a similar result today.

That means the last 2 matches will decide who wins the group and who finishes bottom. Sri Lanka should beat Bhutan and India should beat Bangladesh (they beat them 7-0 in January). This will leave the final positions like this:

1. India
2. Bangladesh
3. Sri Lanka
4. Bhutan

In the other group, Pakistan and Maldives should both beat Afghanistan, and Nepal should beat Pakistan (they beat them 7-0 in January), which will leave the final group like this:

1. Nepal
2. Pakistan
3. Maldives
4. Afghanistan

Semi-finals will be India v Pakistan and Bangladesh v Nepal, almost guaranteed.

In January, the results of these matches were India 6-0 Pakistan and Bangladesh 0-1 Nepal. India then won the final 3-1 against Nepal. So, Bangladesh may have a small chance of reaching the final.

My ranking of the 8 teams:
Sorry for my ignorance bro. For some reason I thought Pakistan was very good as well. Guess that's not the case. Thanks for the analysis as well. If we play Nepal then it should definitely be a good game.