View Single Post
Old December 14, 2004, 05:38 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by aosaif
Maybe Zim and SL showed a lot of character, but I believe our situation is different. Firstly, there's too much cricket going on, yes we are playing too much, but thats what u gotta do as a test nation these days. Secondly, perhaps we did get test status a little too early, but things weren't really moving forward for our cricket before test status. Only now is the money rolling in. Thirdly, BD crowds are unforgiving, threatening, spontaneous bunch and puts players under a lotta pressure when they play at home. Honestly, it'll take no fewer than 10 years for us to win our first test match (i still don't think we'll beat zimbabwe), but its'll be worth the wait. 10 years is alright for me.

Yo Ganesh. U are one awsum indian fan. Good opinions, objective.

Thank you.

As long as people realize the pains one has to go through for supporting the latest entrant and not to mention a country which didn't have a great First class cricket structure not so long ago it is fine. As you say 10 years is not really a big deal if money is not rolling in. There is no point questioning if BD deserves test status after 4 years. I know a lot of people even BD fans are asking that question. We are where we are and should see what can be done over the next 4-5 years. May be taking a trip and playing A teams of other test teams over next 3-4 years, besides the regular test series could help. Many A team guys would make it to big league. That will mean you are not intimidated by them when you play them at the big stage. BD shouldn't play India much in the time. Losing to neighboring country in any sport won't go well with fans. After every loss to your neighbor, people will say sack x, sack y etc. That is not a very good thing. Hope BD work their way out in next 3-4 years.