View Single Post
Old July 11, 2006, 04:54 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim & Sakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats_eye
Shahriyar bhai,
If you had hit Materazzi after the game you would be in the German jail for assult, aggrevated assult, Battery, attempted murder. So Zizu, a cool criminal, knew his boundaries, and what he did, he knowingly did.
Of little law that I know, First time offenders do get some leeway. In addition the police would take into consideration that the attack was something that was instigated by verbal assault from the other party. I do not know if I would be in jail or given a warning and asked to do some commmunity work. However, in hindsight I know for sure that if you beat someone up in self defence then there is no case against you. So I would have made sure that the other dude hit me by saying something equally offensive so that I could hv gotten away with "muder". Nah getting too much out of topic. Sorry bhaiera. Just ignore my post or read it for entertainment. But I think materazzi deserves some sort of punishment because racial abuse is not a light matter. Even fans who hurl racial abuse are dealt with strongly and for a player it would only be more severe. I hope FIFA gets to the bottom of this incident.