View Single Post
Old August 21, 2006, 01:41 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney
sorry man..but cant agree with ya..
even our BD govt did nothing but some protest and condemnation. does that mean we r on their side as well?? the answer is NO. its just that most of the world ( and i say 98.99%) is powerless to USA. and for countries like BD, we dont even count.

and for those who does, like UK, Aus, they r busy calculating thier profit out of the whole deal. after all, they r all the same ppl u know. always remember, shada shada christan christan bhai bhai oikko porishod. no matter what happens, at the end of the day, they r all mates.

and when the ppl elect their govt, its not based on ONLY 1 factor, ie in this case the iraq war. there r soo many other domestic issues to be considered that sometimes the govt get away with it. i know the majority of the Ozzies opposed the war, as in other countries. too bad the govt had a diff say.

i dont know where u live. sounds like u live in sydney as well. if u remember the protest on march 2003 before the iraq invasion, u might hv a different idea. i hv personally never seen so many ppl coming out and protesting on the street. there were almost a million ppl in and around hyde park in a city with a population of only 4 milion.

blaming the citizen of the country based on what their govt is doing is probably not the best way to define them.
Sydney, I understand your point of view. But I think you failed to see what I meant.

Lets make it simple...When you live in a democracy you got to understand that people are somewhat responsible for whats happening to your country. Its a price you pay for choosing your leader.

Take for example September 11. For 4 decades before that happened, USA has been screwing with countries like Vietnam, Iraq, Iran, Cuba, Russia, Afghanistan and the list goes on. Apart from a massive demonstration during Vietnam, America's big brother attitude went unchecked and millions of millions have suffered. I dont need to go in details but you know what I am talking about.

Now when people like Bin Laden hit back, crashing planes at WTC, everyone goes nuts and starts pointing finger at Muslims, Arabs. Before it was communism, now its Islam.
But these people dont realise or even bother to ask a simple question.....why would the terrorist do such a thing? These terrorist didnt wake up one morning and decide to crash United Airlines boeing into WTC and pentagon. Its because criminals like American Government and people in this government were voted and filled by the American public. On one else. Once again you live in a democracy, you become a target because George Bush was elected by none other by the US public.

Now you might argue, I chose Howard or Bush for addressing the domestic issues. Well, you also have to look at their global politics aswell. Goes when the terrorist strike, they wont go for White House or Kiribilli, they will go for Harbour Bridge or DisneyLand where its all civilian. Had USA or Australia been a dictator runned country, it would have been easy to dub all the blame on the government, but in countries like these where every thing including the election results are real not fake and fair, you cant say "I am not responsible if Howard or Bush goes and kills 200 Iraqis next morning".