View Single Post
Old July 24, 2004, 07:57 AM
Club Cricketer

I really cannot see how you connected our current batting fiascos with Bulbul. Agreed, Bulbuls favouriteand probably the most succesful shot was the late cut or whatever you want to call it but I simply cannot come to believe that all our current batsmen have learnt one shot from just one player. The late cut is a very useful shot in ODI's since it is one of the one shots which can counter the delivery to the "corridor of uncertainty" as G. Boycott calls it.

Personally I agree with Bd tigers one hundred percent its all in the head. All our batsmen have the technique if you notice, their shots are (almost) all technically perfect.

Id like to bring another thing about Bangladeshi Batting to notice. Did any of you ever notice the way how our batsmen wiggle in the crease whenever the play a shot, their bodies are never completely ...solid? Compare this with English or Aussie players, whenever they play a stoke or fend a delivery off their body, they never quiver. Im sure Bd will get that composure with some practice...