View Single Post
Old January 21, 2013, 09:52 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamlafan
really getting annoyed with people now, the ticket price has been reduced to 200TK and if the people can't afford that, well tough luck. how cheap do u want it? compare the price of ticket with other leagues its very cheap, people should start going to the stadium, looks very dull without fans. if people are unable to go to the stadium please move all the match's to sylhet Stadium, the people got a lot of money. seriously##. I find it very dishearting why people can't afford 200 Taka and Dhaka is supposed to be one of the richest city in Bangladesh. Lets just keep fingers crossed for the Khulna people not to disappoint us, Inshallah full house. I heard many say in BC how we going to make the BPL a success, seems all lie at the moment. please don't make BPL as failure, we fans need to wake up, lets all join force and make it a success.
I agree wholeheartedly.

How cheap do people expect tickets to be? Someone suggested 50 taka! Yeah, maybe 30 years ago. These days I see a LOT of people with a LOT of cash in Dhaka and elsewhere spending far more money on useless s*** (like iPhone 5s with LTE capability, when we don't even have proper 3G service in BD). For Goodness sake, people recharge their prepaid Grameenphone/BanglaLink/CityCell mobile phone accounts for less than the price of a BPL ticket. You're telling me they don't want to spend a few bucks to go to the stadium? I think 200 taka is a fair shake.

Now, the bigger problem is that the organizers failed in the marketing efforts. The onus is on the marketing and distribution people to actually make the effort to sell the tickets, not just people to buy them. There was virtually no media buzz in the build-up to the event. If you want to sell out stadiums for a month-long event, you have to generate hype. And, frankly speaking, Game On Sports, BCB and the franchises failed to do that. They have got to start now. Moreover, there was way too much confusion about where one could even purchase the tickets. That's just pathetic.