View Single Post
Old January 9, 2011, 03:57 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ryan Ten Doescate
Default Why do we love Bangladesh Cricket?

It's not because we are the world's best team. Nor because we are the world's richest team. We have lost to everyone and I mean EVERYONE. We might blame umpiring decisions, but that is the nature of the game. We are in purgotary. The teams ranked below us are to easy for us, and the teamas ranked above are to good for us. But we do not complain. We will sit here, Day in Day out, ready to support OUR people.

It is becasue everytime you see Bangladesh imrpove, you see a few men, who's heritage is one of voilence and death. Hatred and loneliness. But every time that win against someone who is ''Better'' than us, we stand proud. For every our team scores, we are proud. For every 5-for, for every catch, for every boundary, WE ARE PROUD. We have always had people look down on us, and yet, we are still here. A country born merely 39 years ago, now is part of the elites finally, after 10 years. We may be far from finished, but if we was, that is a whole other story. Tamim has proved Bangladesh has the Talent. Shakib has proved Bangladesh has the Talent. Shafiul, Rubel, Mashrafe, Mushfiqur, Imrul and every other Bengali person on the planet has Talent. But only now do we realise it. Only now, with the hopes and dreams of a 160 million people, have thay found beleif. Everytime we lose, we will get up. Every time we win, we will stay up.

Bangladesh cricket is amongst the few prides this country owns. Everytime the commentator says ''What a shot'' I imagine a man in Bangladesh, smiling, knowing that his countrymen are doing this for him. Shakib is breaking boundaries. Tamim is beyond Boundaries. Imrul is the anchor of the ship over the famous win over our collonial master. And, god willing, this is just the begining.

We are with Bangladesh, whenever they win, whenever they lose. Whenever I see Bangladesh, I can't help but smile as we are now a proud nation ready for any challenge Heading our way.