View Single Post
Old November 3, 2007, 05:31 PM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
No clue as to what's being said in the videos posted in the previous post. Could anyone translate, pretty please?
Multan video:

The 1st guy talks about difference in culture and language being one of the primary reasons as both regions are different places and distant from each other. Secondly, economical deprivation as very little profit were given to the Bangalis from their exports, such as jute and instead brought to Pakistan. The woman talks about how it was wrong what happened, that we should have stayed together as a country, because we struggled together for our country, for an Islamic identity, after many sacrifices. She said the Bangalis struggled the most compared to West Pakistan, they had more leaders, more sacrifices, and after all that to become separated is a big loss(?) for us. So what's left?

The 2nd guy (red shirt) starts off with a statement that I can't quite understand. I think he's saying for Muslims, and for us, it's a great loss and stain/curse or something like that. When the people of Punjab started mistreated Bangalis, they thought that their rights would be taken away, and that's the way they felt they would remain. This caused misunderstandings, as a result Yahya then labelled them 'rebellion', and something else I can't understand, probably traitors. Anyway, they were given that title and tried to crush them. Then there was interference from outside and then Pakistan was seperated.

The 3rd guy said pretty much everything 1st guy said, that deprivation of the Bangalis kept increasing day by day. The Bangali leaders weren't given much power, that their positions were only titles and they had to follow orders from West Pakistan. Some Indians also 'propagated' that made the Bangali leaders realise all the produces from East-Pak was going to West-Pak and they weren't given anything.

Lahore video:

1st guy says Pakistan was seperated after the war when 90,000 Pakistani soldiers surrendered to the Indian General Aurora. The reason was that our Muslim brothers (Bangalis) were treated badly from the start. The 1st women (in red) said although authority and power seemed to be in majority of people in Bangladesh, it was Julfikar Ali Bhutto in Pakistan who dominated them. I think that was the reason why they had to become seperated. Secondly there was another controversy that was the conflict of language, because Urdu was being imposed as the official language in Bangladesh, even though majority of people there were Bangalis, and it was threatening to destroy their language.

I didn't understand the 2nd guy. He was probably says there was misunderstandings and fights between us and them, so we had to become separated. 3rd guy says it was main India's fault, that they conspired against Pakistan. 3rd woman (also in red) says 'obviously India', there were the ones who wanted to occupy Pakistan, that's why they *mumbles* did something and hence the seperation. 4th woman (in burkha) says something about 'distance from Islam' and fighting each other which resulted in the separation. 5th women says they (Bangalis) weren't given their fair share of the profit from the economy, they weren't given many facilities. Also most of the profits from their crops were also taken by us and given to the Punjab and other provinces.

3rd video is no longer available.