View Single Post
Old September 27, 2012, 11:39 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
We were never good at T20s and we should admit it. We lost to Zim, Scotland, Netherland, T&T, IRE and got smacked by NZ and Pak.

But I don't agree our failure is due to lack of power-hitters. Yes, our general population might not be as strong as other cricketing nations. I can't compare myself with the Ind/Pak players here in USA and I admit that they have more power. But none of our national team players lacks powers. Shakib, TI, Mushy, Zia, Mash can all hit the ball out of the park at will.

Tamim had the biggest six in SLPL. Mushy can sweep the ball for six as we saw in SLPL and also against Ajmal. Shakib can just hoick the ball for six. Mushy's dropped catch was just mistiming and so was Nazir's drop by Abul. Not everyone has to be Watson, Gayle, Yusuf Pathan, McCullum, Dhoni or Afridi. You can be Kohli, Jayawardene, Amla, Hafeez and still be very good T20 players.
very much agree bro.
Is Kalam or Imran Nazir or Jayawerdene or Dilshan or Sehwag or Kakmal are exceptionally big or strong like Gayle,Pathan,PollardWatson ?
No, they aren't.
I think it's more about the timing & skill which tamim & Sakib have.
Rest of our players lack power hitting skills & miss time it.
It's also about placement, good players will play shots in the air but even if it doesn't clear the boundary it will drop in safe places & go for a 4 .