View Single Post
Old January 17, 2013, 06:28 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyme
PCB is way more powerful and financially stronger than BCB. Sure the PAK players lost money, but the cash rich PSL will allow them make a whole lot more. PSL teams would be bought by middle eastern billionaires and trust me they will pay a whole lot more.

I won't be surprised PCB manages to host ZIM or WI somehow this year. Money talks and after PSL PCB will have lot of it.

PCB might arrange a PAK IND tour in Dubai. PCB and BCCI are close.

I hate to say this but I have a feeling BPL won't be same without PAK players. Why? People in BD show up in stadiums to see subcontinent players, not to see no name players from other countries. That's why stadium is empty even when SA national team visit.
I think this is way over the top, IMO.

PCB, is not financially better off than BCB. In fact, I would estimate with a fair degree of certainty that BCB ranks right after the major cricket powers in terms of finances. NZ, SL and probably WI boards are all loss-making ventures. SL survives solely on BCCI subsidies/charity/loans. PCB has NOT been able to give their contracted players a raise. BCB gives its contracted players raises EVERY SINGLE YEAR. Plus PCB benefits from playing series vs India every year when relations are good. Take that away, and PCB are probably little higher than Zimbabwe status in terms of money.

Lets see if PSL will actually take off. The country may not exist (as we know it) in 5 years time and they're planning their own IPL. Even dreams have limits. Very few international players will go there for 3 weeks. Lets see if oil sheikhs buy PSL teams.

#OneTeam1Dream