View Single Post
Old November 16, 2012, 01:46 PM
Cricket Legend
ICC WT20 2016 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Quote:
Same squad for 2nd Test
The Daily Star, November 17, 2012

The national selectors have retained the same squad for the second Test against West Indies which will begin from November 21 at the Sheikh Abu Naser Stadium in Khulna.

“There is no point in bringing any changes in the team. And what I always tell you is that our selection panel is in favour of continuity,” said chief selector Akram Khan yesterday.

“I'm really happy the way team has been playing in the first match. The team is playing as a unit. Many have been talking about our batting in the first Test but I think the bowlers are also doing an excellent job on a placid track. I especially want to thank Rubel Hossain who so far bowled brilliantly after recovering from injury,” he added.

The second Test between Bangladesh and West Indies will see the Khulna venue debut as the country's seventh Test venue.

SQUAD
Mushfiqur Rahim (captain), Mahmudullah Riyad (vice-captain), Tamim Iqbal, Junaed Siddiqui, Shahriar Nafees, Shakib Al Hasan, Naeem Islam, Nazimuddin, Nasir Hossain, Elias Sunny, Shahadat Hossain, Rubel Hossain, Abul Hasan and Shohag Gazi.
So no Haques (Anamul, Mominul or Enamul Jnr) yet again!