View Single Post
Old January 5, 2010, 02:22 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe
Question Are Bangladeshi cricket fans in Bangladesh losing self-respect ??

Today, I saw so many (bangladeshi) people holding Indian flags and coloring their body with indian flags color. No doubt we used to wave indian or pakistani flags in stadium during 90's when we were hardly playing with any big teams. Most of the time Bangladesh were like a silent audience. But now as we are a test team and also emerging as a competitive team, i think, we (bangladeshi) should be more self-respectful than we used to be. Moreover, where Bangladesh team is playing itself in Bangladesh Tournament, waving other country's flag and coloring whole body with indian flag/paki flag color doesnt look good.

Here many people may argue that, then whats about waving Brazil/ Argentina's flag during WC. But to me thats a different thing. Have you seen any English, Germans waving Brazil's flag ? Have you seen any Brazilian to wave French flags ? Coz they are in the same league and competitor to each other whereas, Bangladesh is no near to them.

But in Cricket, Bangladesh plays in the same league and all those teams compete each other. So in this case, Bangladeshi fans needs to be more thoughtful and self respectful here. Those days are gone buddy where we used to shout each other by the name of India, Pakistan. I am not against india or pakistan; coz We enjoy watching them to play and we may support them as well but thats not at the cost of losing our self respect.

ps: this is my personal view. just wanted to share with you guys. i may not express myself properly. so forgive my ignorance and please feel free to comment.

Last edited by Naimul_Hd; January 5, 2010 at 02:27 PM..