View Single Post
Old January 5, 2010, 04:54 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Saudi Capital

This is one of the very few things that I see everyone really finding it difficult to get the balance right of.

In my opinion, there's nothing wrong with cheering* and supporting** a different country (no matter what the history between that and my country is) unless they're playing against my team. However, I would actually never go to a match painting on myself some other country's flag, coz to me that's something only my own flag deserves. But neither would I judge (but I wouldn't appreciate either) the ones who do that, coz I wouldn't know what points of view he's carrying in this matter, and whether that's reasonable or not. BUT again if the same person doesn't come to his own country's match with his own flag painted on his body, then I have a problem (and again, that's just me...though I know most of the others would agree too). So before I comment on the guy who painted Ind's flag in today's match, first I've to know whether he really was a BD man and second whether he came to watch BD's match yesterday (or would come to any of the BD matches) with BD's flag painted on him.

* And even more so when them winning would help my team out.

** But I wouldn't tolerate getting into stupid arguements over supporting different countries, as some of us back home (heck, even some overseas) still do. Like - ''Ind-supporting BD people'' and ''Pak-supporting BD people'' getting into fight for useless reasons. That's just pathetic.