View Single Post
Old March 22, 2011, 03:12 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: TIGERS !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 22Yards
I hate to say this but there is a similarity between this team and Pakistan and that is the need to change the entire team. Pakistan had to go through that too not too while back but what I liked about their change was that they didn't completely throw away their experienced bunch in the trash rather they had a lot of new faces going along with younis, afridi, misbah and gul. THATS the sort of blend I (and as mentioned by Dhakablues) would like to see.

So I wouldn't agree bringing in young players just because they scored a few great knocks in the domestic leagues and replace them with players like Junaid and Nafees for two big reasons.
1. The players they are replacing have much experience and we have seen the price we already had to pay resting loads of expectation on young shoulders. Which brings me to my next point.
2. Those young guns are still have not yet groomed properly and aren't quite ready to handle this sort of stage. And when they look out for some advice all they could find are boys like them just as lost as they are.

my team then

1.Tamim
2.Kayes
3.Jahirul(wk)/Nafees
4.Mahmudullah/Mushfiq (wk)
5.Shakib
6.Kapali/Junaid/ (reserved for a new slogger if both Junaid and Kapali proves another *chokka*(faka bash) Naeem)
7.Mashrafee
8.Shafiul
9.Razzak
10.Rubel

Obviously, this seems to me the ideal team at the moment but is subjective to change due to condition and performance factors.
Clearly, Junaid is NOT working at 3 no matter how much you console yourself that he might "someday"
Clearly, Mahmudullah can prove a lot and he also is not working below the order.
Clearly, Mushfiq needs a competitor and who better than jahirul who wasn't given enough chances to prove himself.
Clrearly, We need a slogger at the end of our innings on a regular day and I say regular because if you are 50-5 (which to my surprise Bangladesh can still manage to put themselves in someday) then ofcourse there isnt much to say about that is there.
at last some sensible post.. Bringing rapidly new ones will not change anything, same failures continue with same style. Better give the current guys more time and include old and experienced ones like kapali, sn, aftab into the squad. Look at the other teams all the old boys playing, thats say a lot about us.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition

Last edited by Shaan; March 22, 2011 at 11:40 AM.. Reason: spelling