View Single Post
Old November 25, 2012, 11:05 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
I agree with you that bringing in young pacers could cause injury problems but what option do we really have? I don't really see any pacers outside the national team that are very good. Or we have to continue to depend on Shahadat but then again isn't that like depending on SN or Nazim just because their more experienced? It's no point of wasting time with failures like Shahadat. It's time we groom up youngsters like Abul and Taskin. They might not end up panning out but we have to try
I think while Taskin, Rabbi and maybe Shubhashish and Haider develop (and learn to avoid injury) in Ian Pont's academy for a couple of years, at least in my fantasies that is, we can persist with Rubel as our only wicket taking threat as seamers go in test cricket. I don't think Mashrafe can come back to test cricket after 4 career debilitating surgeries. So, I don't mind Raju or Rajib going for runs as long as he's getting wickets at regular intervals but I don't see that happening. I'm not opposed to other options such as Nazmul, Talha, Tapash, Sajid or Robbin to see what they can do although each has serious issues of his own.

Our attack should be spin-centric anyway and I feel we have good wicket takers in Shakib, Enam, Shohag and Sunny in that order.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)