View Single Post
Old July 18, 2005, 10:10 AM
Street Cricketer

Default New Scam in bangladesh BEWARE every one

I don't know whether you heard about this scam before or not but this just happen to our home yesterday. Here how it happens

A smart young girl will show up at your door tell your parents/family that she is a friend of your son/brother from USA/where ever you are, and will start chatting with your family for 30min/1hr and then will either ask to borrow some money and give it as dollar to you or will tell she needs to break some dollars which is in her car. Beware of this and tell every one about this. They listen to all our phone conversation as we use this phone card to call home. When I heard this before I didn't gave a 2nd thought thinking my parents r well aware of this scam and wont be let any one in if they don't know them but what happen is beyond my thinking. They just didn’t let her in took her to the inside the house, they told her who is going where, when they r coming back, who's going to stay at home and so on TO A STRANGER as she appeared to be very smart, had a car with her and told every one that she is younger sister of a very good friend of ours from USA and her mom just dropped her and she will be back and she was speaking in ENGLISH all the time.....

And the information they gave her while chatting couldn’t get that from anywhere else. And that’s why we are pretty sure that they listen /record all our conversation when we call using the calling cards (these calling cards use PC to connect to the land phone and which becomes very very easy to record all the calls).

One my friend’s parent few months back had a similar visitor but her mother could guess something wrong as she told her that my friend send her to get money as she knows there no way that my friend will ask money from her….

Please don’t take it other wise and tell you family back home to be careful about the scam and talk with you before handing over any money to anyone…