View Single Post
Old June 8, 2012, 07:15 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: virat kohli

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornerdtiger
in odis lots of work needs to be done. beating india in odis will be difficult because unfortunately they have become a bogey team for us. their batting is strong enough to cope with our bowling perhaps the only batting linup in the world in odis. on top of that the batting is really bad that even indian bowling "attack" can defend anything their batting put up, having said that in a hypothetical match between the two if it takes place in australia or SA or even england pakistan wuld win hands down. that england win in uae was a fluke and i guess the team was hungover from the test witewash win.

anyway pakistan will always up its performance in world cups and that is the only series that matters in odis. in tests at the moment pakistan is just behind australia and south africa although i think in away series in those places this team might not do well but wouldnot be whitewashed. your also forgetting that rightfully this team is without butt amir and asif and the way they have coped since summer 2010 has been really really awesome
Sure Pakistan can beat India, but they can't do it on consistent basis, for e.g in a 5 match series, which will be very competitive but its difficult to see Pak beating India in that series, be it anywhere in the world because of Pak's batting. there only hope is when then their batsmen click, but even then India has the batting fire power to counter the bowling. An ODI series between these two giants at this time would be just mouth watering. I hope it gets arranged soon.
Are you kidding me, with the fragile batting line up of Pakistan, they won't be able to win any match in Eng, Aus and SA, a draw test match there will be a big achievement for them. They barely won a test match or two with Aamir and Asif what makes you think they can win now.