View Single Post
Old April 1, 2011, 04:01 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

The scores of 58 and 74 was simply a result of overwhelming pressure on the young shoulders of our cricketers. As i have stated before I feel no bd team has ever had to face this level of expectation from fans and play a tournament of this magnitude in our home grounds. Those scores were not a true reflection of how good we are... and i feel now that the spot light is gone we will begin to play much better

Those two losses did hurt on that day... but what i want to remember most are the two thrilling wins against Ireland and England. As fans we will have disagreements in terms of who should be picked and what not... we will whine, complain, make fun of poor shamim... but at the end of the day we all should be glad that there is atleast one sporting event where we can compete at the world stage and be able to dream big.

As far as progress is concerned the last series in England sort of sums up our progress... we beat England in England in ODI and even though we couldn't match the strength of England for most of that series we still did okay under alien conditions. Tamim's century at Lords will always be an unforgettable moment in my mind
Looking into the future I feel happy thinking that everytime we do play a game against any of the top 8 teams we will always have our chances to win