View Single Post
Old November 9, 2009, 12:12 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Dear Naz, my apologies for all the unwanted comments.

Ground rules: Let us discuss civilized way. We can always agree to disagree at the end.

1. The whole world knows who is better. The thread is not who is better. Tendu is better than anyone who picked up a cricket bat. 30k intl runs is no joke. But that is not we are discussing here.

2. 175 is a great knock. No doubt about that. So is Conventry's 194 (NOT OUT). That is a world record. Certainly Tamim's knock was also a pressured one. Naeem's knock is also a great one. How many batsmen in world had done what Naeem has done? Do a research please. I'd take Inzi's innings but that is all about I can remember.

3. Who remembers losers? His dog and wife (even that is an iffy). Who lost the stanley cup three years back? Who cares is the answers. Super bowl? World Cup Football? Same answer. No one remembers how many times England made it to the World Cup finals. Everyone remembers they never hoisted the cup as of now.

4. Bowling strength you have argued at one point. Yes, 3rd string Aussie attack? Braken, Lee, Siddle, ABCDEF how many more missing?

Without a "W" everything else matter nought in my book. Therefore, no matter how much classy, breathe taking that innings was, it will always be less than the all the single handed winnings knocks with lesser numbers in this year. I would even rate Dhoni's winning knock over Tendu's losing knock.

Yes, 70 something is not even half of 175. But still it is a winning knock and that is the bottom line.

So refute if you can

Naeem's innings > tendu's innings and obviously Tendu's 175 is not 2009's best no matter how great it may be.

Last edited by Tigers_eye; November 9, 2009 at 12:17 PM..