View Single Post
Old December 19, 2012, 05:48 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.H.Rubel
If Naeem is promoted to #3. I am sure He will stat to perform so low that ultimately he will not be able to make the 11. So please keep him there and don't ruin his career again.
We cant just 'assume' that he will start to do really badly.

Quote:
The way Mominul batted in O D I. I am sorry to say he is not yet ready for test cricket.
That great that you made that observation. But what i observed is a batsmen with lots of potential to bat at the top of the order for the national team. The only reason i feel like he didnt play as well as he could have was because he was lacking the confidence to do so. The more time he stays with the national team the better he will perform imo.

For your sake if Anamul bats at #3 and Naeem is at #4 this is how the lineup will look like.

1. Tamim Iqbal
3. Anamul Haque
4. Naeem Islam
5. Shakib Al Hasan
6. Mushiqur Rahim
7. Nasir Hossain
8. Mahmudullah

So now tell me who do you want as #2 batsmen. The great Shahriar Nafees? Or maybe spice it up with Ashraful? Or maybe even Junaid Siddique? Jahurul Islam maybe? What abt Imrul Kayes?

I like the look of the following lineups much better
1. Tamim Iqbal
2. Anamul Haque
3. Naeem Islam
4. Mushfiqur Rahim
5. Shakib Al Hasan
6. Nasir Hossain
7. Mahmudullah

I also wouldnt mind
1. Tamim Iqbal
2. Anamul Haque
3. Mominul Haque
4. Naeem Islam
5. Shakib Al Hasan
6. Mushfiqur Rahim
7. Nasir Hossain
8. Mahmudullah

Mahmudullah to me doesnt seem like a top order batsmen. The highest he could go is #4 imo. Same goes for Nasir due to his technique.