View Single Post
Old April 10, 2014, 09:08 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
The only players that should feel safe for the next tour is Anamul, Shakib, Mushy, Mominul and Al-Amin. The rest of the players need to perform or else they should be dropped. Yes that includes the likes of Tamim, Nasir and Gazi. If they don't perform or get outplayed by the other players, then drop them. Past reputation should not come in to play. It's unfair when a guy like Tamim whose averaged just a 12 with a SR of a 58 this year in all formats gets matches over a guy like Imrul who hit a century in his comeback and Shamsur who also hit a century this year in Tests, something Tamim has failed to do since 2010. Nasir still has no fifties this year. Gazi's average in all formats is about a 100. Riyad has been decent with the ball but needs to prove himself with the bat. So time for them to play for the sake of their futures in the national team. There are many contenders currently waiting for their chance.
i think gazi should have to have a pretty good run of form to keep his spot for the next tour at this stage, though the selectors might think differently. tamim and nasir probably just have to show a bit of form or that they've found a bit of form and their spots will be sealed, same with shamsur i suspect. riyad will probably keep his spot as long as he can have a good innings with bat or ball.

i think anamul V imrul is an interesting battle atm. anamul is in pretty good short format form and has shown it on the world stage whereas imrul is in pretty good long format form and has shown it in the last test series. anamul will surely keep his short format spot but if he shows some form in these NCL matches he may just pip imrul for a test squad spot despite imrul getting a ton in the last series so if they both do well in these up coming matches it will be interesting to see how the selectors pick it.

for bowlers, we should keep a keen eye on arafat, taijul, and elias as i think these are the 3 main spinners on the fringe of national team selection atm.

taskin's performance will be interesting as will robiul's. robiul probably isn't in line for a limited overs spot but if he performs well should be in the test XI and if taskin does well then we may find him in the test squad (though it's a bit scary given how mushy has treated robiul and being that taskin is still so young and developing).