View Single Post
Old April 6, 2009, 10:56 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Taskin, Rubel, Abul

Quote:
Originally Posted by ammark

... some of whom joined the Ikhwan.... those young men said that their perspective and worldview on Islam and how social movements should work in Islamic countries/ societies has changed having been exposed to the Ikhwan, compared to what they were brought up on (ie. Jamaat, Shibir, Islami Sena, etc as a runoff from Maududi's following in the subcontinent). I personally have a greater respect and support for the approach the Egyptian MSA leaders took at U of T, because I found it progressive and relevant. This approach is severely lacking in Bangladesh, and its unfortunate that only the HT seems to use it.
ammark,
Ikhwan definitely had a strong social programmes in Egypt, particularly. Other places like Syria they were banned outright by the then dictator Haafiz al-Asad (may Allah forgive him). Although, Ikhwan was/is popular with the mass but their methodology is almost similiar to Jamaat al Islami of sub-continent. Their over politicised criticism of goverments- albeit dictatorships- and sometimes direct opposition (of governments) can lead to more problems than solutions. I'm approaching this from a traditionalist perspective, therefore, hope you will not misread me

As for HT, without sounding utterly dismissive, these are outright mercenery opportunists.

Shaad,
I think you can find sufficient stuff on the net about HT. But I wouldn't really waste much time and energy if I were you. Hope I'm not being rude:-)

Last edited by BanCricFan; April 10, 2009 at 07:44 PM..