View Single Post
Old April 22, 2013, 03:40 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazabQ
Look I'm all for blaming BCB's general incompetence but let's face it, those Zim players have a board way way worse than ours. They still kicked our rear ends in. We have played on bouncier and faster pitches against better pacers and scored more runs. I saw most of the Test. I can tell you that this "can't play bounce" excuse is BS for this match. As is any attempt to blame umpiring. Other than Jahurul's there weren't any howlers.

Instead, what I saw was one of the most gutless performances ever. An outright choke job akin to the WC match against Windies two years ago: We were expected to win and we couldn't handle it, perishing instead to lack of application and fortitude. Same reason we lose to Netherlands. Simple as that. For that Mushy as skipper is accountable. Jurgs with his "don't worry be happy" is accountable. And anyone who held a bat is accountable. To get dismissed for sub-150 twice on that wicket to that bowling, every player should forfeit his match fee.

I would assert that I am one of the most even keeled, longer-term BC members, but if I were to meet our players today, I would ask them all to drop their trousers to prove whether they actually have a pair or not!!!!!
Yes I agree.

Two 130 somethings in two innings is not acceptable from this batting order. In the batting senior players like Riyad, Sakib, Rahim, SN failed in both innings, young taltent Nasir and Shohag failed in both innings, another senior player again ran out like a cluless deer in the middle of the highway.

In the fielding there were mutiple culprits that includes ususal suspects like SN, Jahirul and Ashraful.

Except for Robiul all more or less failed. The idea that we should over load with spinneres regardless of the pitch failed. 3rd FB would be more helpful.

Captaincy lacked "booker pata" and Rahim is making same mistakes. Whne he is supposed to attack, he is more interested to saving runs. Bowling order was also debatable. If we ask it should be Rahim who should drop his trousers first, for his lack of courage as a captain.

Then we have the issue of whether it was wise to bat first or bowl first.

SJ is pretty much screwed his chances the most. Good or bad, I doubt he will survive after this series. May be this is good for us, lot of people thought he is agacha in the team.

The other person who may be phased out is Riyad. Atleast he will get more heat, and he should based on his recent attitute with the bat in last few games.