View Single Post
Old March 31, 2009, 01:53 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebest
Please answer the bolded part.

those educated traitors (?) were not offered 60,000 BDT per month or if you include all the perks One crore taka per year. Offer the money I belive all of them would come back. Thirdly, in most cases those educated traitors (?) who are at the moment are working with the top notch brain in the top notch facility could not perform the task in Bangladesh because simply we could not provide them the same facility. These cricketing traitors have the access to almost same quality facility as that of their colleagues of other teams of the world.
[thebest, please don't take anything personally, I'm just exressing my views on which I am convinced, not to take any side.]

University teachers are comparatively well paid & have allied facilities & have other parallal sources of income, so it is unfair to compare a cricketer's salary to a uni teacher straight up. Many NFL players, Footballers, NBL etc etc players get paid much more than the teachers of their own country.

A teacher's service period is untill he retires, every private universities will employ him there after till natural death. There are thousand and one ways for a Uni teacher to continue earning till death.

A cricketer's earning period is maximum 10 years. In BD it isn't even that at the moment, so they are infact more insecured in the money front.

Quote:
I am a University teacher and earning less than one third per month than Ashraful. I could not improve my doctoral work because of lack of facility in my university (and this is a top most one) or any university in Bangladesh. Ash and co get almost the same facility that Ponting got. The difference may be Ponting don't have to come in Sydny while Ash has to be in Dhaka
I guess you have completed Phd and come back. You have done the right thing. If you have worked for mandatory period (if there is any binding for doing the PhD on Uni scholarship) after the PhD, you have the legal choice to leave your job and fulfil your thurst of persuing more knowledge if you can't do it here.

Quote:
National team is always involve emotion. Why we feel dejected whenever Bangladesh? It is just a game is not it? When Abahoni we feel dejected but almost every Abahoni supporter is in BC. Check that when we lost to Zimbabawe. No body is talking about charity. Returning the place that Alok vacated which Nayeem took would be charity. With the excpetion of the three I have already mentioned that ICLers have to prove again and perform miles better to dislodge Nayeem/ Riyad.
And I would have always doubt in their bad performance whether they were sold to money, because they were proven once. Previously when Aftab got out to a stupid shot I would have blame his stupidness now I would suspect may be he got money to play that shot.
You are absolutely right, the fans are emotional and the result of national team will always make the people emotional, depending on the outcome. But taking or not taking a player is sellectors job and they have no scope of being emotional. They have to sellect the best possible team basing on the performance. If the team wins with the player you dislike, you will be happy and if the team loses with all your favorite players in the team, you will be sad. That's why to not to give you a sadistic emotional experience, the selection of the team must be without emotion. That's what I meant.

Quote:
Was not BCB invested on them? Two of the traitors (SN, Dhiman) are product of our famed U19. Sorry to disappoint you, those teacher do not abscond; they resigned and returned all the monetary benefit they got during the time they stay overseas (that is their training period; not the time when they were doing their job,in the study leave the university is investing on them). Unlike the cricketers whose investment just come to zero
Investment on the U19 etc are myth. 2/3 years of periodic camps in U17/19 doesn't take much for BCB to invest on them, just the cost of Egg, banana, milk & likes. They mostly run on pocket money, not regular salaries. Coach & support staff, split in amongst the number of players ride on U19 team. That's nothing if you consider the investment on that teacher's entire education to become a teacher. Unless some player has been through BKSP & Now Academy, investment on others are least.

If some teacher resigns & gives back his money I would still call him a sober gentleman, though it would be nice for them to have 2/3 years mandatory service after PhD before resignation, because we need their knowledge back not the money back. If it was only money, they could have taken loan from bank why bother for Scholarship. I know of many teachers who never came back to even resign. I have seen news papers serving legal notice to such teachers after many many years. That's completely breach of trust. If he has gone for PhD from the Uni he must come back, if he doesn't isn't it officially absconding?

Quote:
I am with agreement with you long before you posted in this thread that cricketers sold their skill; but I have just objection on three I mentioned . Can you please explain how those teachers sold their soul. I would appreciate that.
Because still today I have not heard of any Non Resident former teacher bad mouthing their alma mater or even their employer university in Bangladesh rather I found many (For example Dr. Ataul Karim) who feel prouder being an alumni of BUET or Dhaka University than a famed western university.
The first things these three ICL traitors did was demonize Bangladesh National Team, BCB, Bangla Language (who can forget Dhiman speaking in fluent Hindi; BTW I don't think it is a crime; but someone might think; there is a thread), our national team captain. None of the university teachers do it in public though they have dissatisfaction againest their employer (we all do)
Please consider the treatment you have given to these young not so educated boys after they have leaglly resigned and joined a cricket league. To the teacher's absconding without formal resignation after being sent on Scholarship. (if they don't return and just send a letter to uni, that's also highly immoral and unacceptable). NZ, Eng, Aus didn't make such hue and cry, so their players didn't have to react, while Pak, BD boards reacted as if they were thieves, so you can expect some bounce baclk.

Don't know if the expats do bad mouthing, but Uni teachers as a whole do a lot, while they are divided into LAL, NEEL etc banners. Many expats do write being politically biased that hurts the image of the country.

Language, I also was always alergic to this speaking hindi/urdu and couldn't tollerate, still I feel uneasy to hear BD people speak that language, but I also understand their situation. If they can't speak Eng they have to express in some way. I have seen many educated people speaking Hindi/Urdu when they meet people from Pak & Ind. Well I think this is the influence of 71 on me, while I can excuse the younger, Post 71 generation, not so literate people for not being so sensitive of hindi/urdu due to cable culture etc etc, but not the educated one's.

Finally, I understand all the realities of the teachers you said and probably would be happy if most of them would come back and help to build our instititions, but also don't blame for taking care of their personal career while changing the LAL-NEEL culture isn't less than JEHAD in DU. But While people call the cricketer's traitor for ICL, I had to compare it to the teachers, as an example. Personally I respect everyone's decision of his life, he knows his disposition best, I don't want to call anyone a traitor for a simple career decision, if Golam Azam isn't one for what he did.

Last edited by BANFAN; March 31, 2009 at 02:35 PM..