View Single Post
Old May 11, 2009, 11:58 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baundule
thebest bhai, What is the legal conflict between ICL and BCB that prevents the ICLers for national selection? Is it against the ICC's law?
I have not read any of the contract. So I do not know if there is legal conflict. But as far as I understand (remember I am not a solicitor) every valid contract must gave equal right to all the party to cancel the contract. As far as I understand ICL have right to cancel the contract whenver they like (they did it). So players would also have that right
No 2, I agree BCB played a clever game as national player to get national contract you need to have contracts which BCB approve and at the moment BCB do not recognize ICL's contract. Plus why we consider BCB a public organization (hence national ). I think in India there was a case against BCCI where BCCI argue that they are private organization and they are entitled with their own law. The Indian Supreme court agreed with the view.
No 3, I don't think ICLers are interested. Because they knew they are discarded and have little chance of playing. Otherwise why they did not sue BCB like pak or british players.
I was a fan of HB. But yesterday he just disappointed me. What we get in return should not be a language for any aspiring player. Did they want BCB guarntee their place in national team. Do any of we really belive SN, Aftab, Alok, Dhiman, Reza is better than our existing player and the back up. With the exception of Dhiman all of them has been given enough and prove that they are failure. But this is another discussion.
Mijan Vai - You are really guru. Top post; really appreaciated