View Single Post
Old October 19, 2005, 05:41 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Lara

Quote:
Originally posted by Rob
Yea but it is swings and roundabouts. You could say Bangladesh also need some luck with umpiring decisions to go for them for example an lbw that is out, not given out or the other way round if Bangladesh are bowling.
Umpirirng decisions are usually not luck. Most often they go in favor of some teams. Remeber the PAK visit to Australia when 29 of the wrong decisions went against the Pakistanis and only 5 against the Aussies. The games I have watched so far involving England or Australia, my feeling is they always get a favor of the umpires. (To mention here, personally I like Aus and don't like Pak)

More importantly, umpires are making mistakes at crucial times when a right decision would even change the result of a match. For instance, BD's visit of Pak. So, if technology is introduced to make the decisions much more error-free, we should welcome it.

The process of making the game slow is not a fault of the technology, it's something related to how you use it. The field umpires need to get used to using it efficiently. Not all the appeals are going to the TV umpire. The field umpire should refer them only if he is not sure about it.