View Single Post
Old March 22, 2011, 03:30 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
What to you mean Siddons produced Tamim and Shakib?... they were a part of the 2007 worldcup squad under Whatmore. I agree that Siddons did develop Tamim a great deal... but these guys were not identified by him. If Siddons was the coach before the 2007 worldcup i doubt he would have taken any risk to even include Tamim in the squad and I say that because we didn't try any new talents over the past year
i meant developed them..either way, dosnt change the point.

why wud u want him to try new talent? he has less of chance of doing that when our players are dominating the domestic league. and shakib has a say in team selection as well. dont just look at siddons.

we have stick to a core group of players. the place to try new talent is in A team competitions not the odi level. . once they have conquered that, then they can come into the team. we know what happens when you bring in players prematurely into the international arena. a lot of players 18 n 19 yo needed more prior exposure before getting into the team.

and why would try out new talent a year from the world cup? is a year enough to giv them enough experience to cope mentally with the world cup? obviously not! because our current bunch still havent learnt how to.