View Single Post
Old February 19, 2011, 10:39 PM
First Class Cricketer

..... I can just imagine what it could be if we had our old tail with this new braveheart top order ...... when we will get it all at the same time dimension......

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazabQ
I still root for the team but perhaps our Lotus regime needs change ASA WC ends. We've had the same cast of crew struggling with PPs for over a year now. Where's the pipeline of A-team or HP team tours that would identify alternates or provide known prospects such as Shubhagoto or on-the fringe players such as Kapali exposure?

I know we like to blame Jamie but his defensive mindsets notwithstanding, he's working with chicken-crap. Who would one play instead of the Riyadh / Nayeem / Rok troika - guys who pretend they are batsman but have the bat-speed of club-level cricketers? Why do we have a tail that is incapable of wagging - compare a tail of Rafique, Bisya & Mash with Raj, Rubel & Shafi? Why have we not emphasized pace-bowling all-rounders of the Farhad R, Dollar or Sajedul ilk? We spend $30M on opening ceremony but don't give our batters exposure to top-flight attacks for over 6 months - and then coach says we are rusty against good bowlers.

Sigh ... bummed at what Shakib has to deal with. A champion stuck with wannabes. I'm expecting him to pull us through the Associates and set us up for a quarterfinal Inshallah.