View Single Post
Old May 29, 2018, 10:13 AM
Cricket Sage

Default Mashrafe (and Sakib) may contest in election. Please vote for him

This is not my Request, but BCB Ex President Lotus Kamal's request to the public.

Here it is: link

Quote:
Kamal, a former president of Bangladesh Cricket Board, also sought vote for Mashrafe in the next general elections, describing the ODI captain as a ‘good person’ while speaking to reporters after a meeting of the Executive Committee of the National Economic Council on Tuesday.

“Mashrafe may contest in election. Please vote for him,” said Kamal, who had also worked as president of the International Cricket Council.

Quote:
Asked if Mashrafe will get the ruling Awami League’s ticket, Kamal said, “Have I said that he will contest in the election as an Awami League candidate? He can also contest as a BNP candidate.”

“But, please cooperate with him, vote for him…He is a good person. He always follows what he decides for himself,” the minister added.

about Sakib...

Quote:

The issue of the possibilities of Mashrafe and star all-rounder Shakib Al Hasan joining politics came to the fore when the minister was speaking about laying of railway tracks from Faridpur’s Madhukhali to Magura town.

Asked if the Test and Twenty20 skipper may contest from the Magura parliamentary seat, Kamal said, “He may also contest in election. He is old enough. I first contested in election when I was 48.”