View Single Post
Old April 23, 2017, 12:31 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Taskin Ahmed - TazKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonoy
Erm it looks like Sri Lanka destroyed us there on the Tv rights. Sold for 60 mil whereas we sold ours for 20 mil. BTW, both sold for a 6 year period until 2020.
Well, Tv sponsorship rights is more complicated to talk about. But if you think Sri Lanka destroyed us in there I wouldn't really agree. BCB organizes BPL as well, which has a broadcasting right of 82 million USD for 3 years, and SLC doesnt have their premier league as such. And SLC's 60 million you are hearing, isn't really 60 million, first of all it is not the net amount, you didn't count production cost, production cost is said to be 10-15 million, secondly a large part of it as I understand and correct me if I am wrong came from selling of the rights of Indian matches to Star TV. BCB does the same and I have to look up the amount.

There are a couple of other things I think needs to be mentioned. BCB is getting 20 million as a net value, the production cost of 20-25 million extra is not included in this amount. And BCB sold this right in 2014 for 6 years, in 2014 our team had lost all it's matches, lost to Afghanistan and Hong Kong and it was a dark chapter in our cricket and yes the national team's performance depends hugely on the amount we get. When 2020 comes, I expect this deal to reach BPL's deal which is about 120 million dollars, and possibly even more. For that we have to wait till 2020. In 10 years you will see these deals exponentially increased, but that's my opinion and prediction.

For now, this title sponsorship is very very important because it will give us a window into the future. What sort of deals are we looking for in the coming years, as this deal is part of setting the benchmark of the deals in the coming years.