View Single Post
Old April 10, 2014, 07:49 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
razzak, he shouldn't be in the fray (though he probably is), i'm not sure enamul jr is up there anymore and sajib always misses though he'll probably perform well.

i actually think tamim and nasir's spots are pretty well sealed, tamim's moreso than nasir's but i think nasir has done enough in his career for the selectors to back him for longer if he shows a bit of form.

i don't see raqibul or shuvagata being in the fray, marshall with some good performances might make it, same with naeem, shamsur should imo be battling for a top 3 spot with imrul/anamul/tamim.
I forgot about Noor but he's a player we should really think about since he's a leggie and has good stats to back him.

And unfortunately the selectors will probably think the same about Tamim and Nasir. They really shouldn't be sealed at all IMO. Tamim has been nothing short of dreadful so far this year. And it's not 4-5 matches. It's 11 matches now and he's averaging only 12. So his spot should nowhere be sealed. I know it's Tamim and he's one of our best players when he's on song but we can't just wait for him to show form. International cricket isn't the place to fix your form. Again I really hope he figured it out in the NCL so he can be included in the India tour but if not, he shouldn't be picked.

I feel the same way with Nasir. 17 matches and an average of a 21 so far this year and that too with a NO. In no way his spot should be sealed before going in to the NCL. He's also looked really out of touch. So if he can't get runs under his belt then he really shouldn't be picked for the India tour either.

Riyad's advantage is his bowling but we can't ignore the fact that his batting has been really poor so far this year as well. 14 matches and just an average of 17 and that too with 3 NO's. His job in the end is an all rounder and if he can perform both jobs, then his spot should be in the air.

I know Tamim and Nasir when on song are still our key players but again, if their not firing then they shouldn't keep on going. The likes of Shamsur, Imrul, Junaid, Naeem, Raqibul and Marshall have proved that they can handle international cricket and with horrid forms Tamim and Nasir are in, I'm sure they can't really do worse.

Again let's hope Tamim, Riyad and Nasir show form in the NCL so then the question of them getting dropped doesn't come up.