View Single Post
Old March 5, 2012, 03:01 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeesh
We should let these guys play 2-3 more seasons of domestic cricket, BPL, A team matches before we promote them to the national side. They are just not ready.

For example: If you include Anamul, he ll maybe do well in a match or two. Then he ll probably have a couple of low scores and then suffer from low confidence. Before you know it he will be another Rakibul Hasan or Alok Kapali
Or, may be he can become another 'Nasir Hossain' ?

I know what you meant, i had the same feeling when Nasir was brought in. But i feel that Anamul belongs to same breed of Nasir, Shakib (i aint comparing Anamul with Shakib). While other national team batsmen failed in BPL, Anamul played couple of sensible and matured innings and that too in T20 game where any youngsters throw his bat in the air. Most importantly, he has got heart and power. Only thing is missing 'match experience' and he only can get it by playing. I think he's not too far away from being included in the national team. Only problem with him is that he's a keeper too. While Mushy is there, it would be hard for him to come into the team unless #2, #3, #4 batters (zunaed, kayes, ash et. al) fail miserably in Asia Cup. Or, may be we can see him in Asia Cup, who knows