View Single Post
Old October 24, 2003, 07:09 PM
Cricket Legend

Ok, I have a slightly different opinion. it may sound like sour grapes and it's not that I hate to admit I was wrong, it's just that I don't think I was wrong to criticize him based on the facts at the time.

of course mushfiq responded to criticism by performing. whenever a player performs, he will gain respect. But were we wrong to voice concern? I don't think so. His track record sucked, he scored ducks or something like that against england in the warm up, his bowling has never been top notch, then there was the worry that he was a Sujon Mini-Me. so what else is a fan to do but complain about this selection when you leave your #2 pacer out of the team?

mushfiq has simply done his job. do we go ga-ga when bashar scores a fifty anymore? if #6 is not going to stand up and fight then why is he on the team? for once mushfiq has delivered (already, he may deliver even more tomorrrow), and I hope he has more success in the future.

I know he took 2 wickets. But how many of you are convinced he should be the 2nd pacer ahead of others? If we now play enamul=rafique together depending on the wicket (it may be a crime not to play enamul even regardless of the wicket) then what happens to the pace department. I am just not satisfied with masri-mushfiq-sujon because I know it can be better, and it doesn't matter how many wickets mushfiq takes tomorrow (I hope he gets many).

The solution may of course be Sujon departing. Now I hope Sujon gets a 50 tomorrow as well.

Something has to give in this situation, even if we win tomorrow.