View Single Post
Old October 24, 2005, 10:21 PM
Test Cricketer

Default Are you offended by piggy-banks?

"British banks are banning piggy banks because they may offend some Muslims.Halifax and NatWest banks have led the move to scrap the time-honoured symbol of saving from being given to children or used in their advertising, the Daily Express/Daily Star group reports here."

source

---------

This is ridiculous. The British have NO idea about multiculturalism. They try to create a facade of tolerance by implementing ludicrous tokenisms which do nothing but fuel the fear of the natives that 'the foreigners are taking over'. They should learn from the colonies.

Yes, there could be 1% of muslims who may get offended by seeing a piggy bank, but what of the other 99% who don't care one jot?

Sometimes I think there is a false stigma about pigs amongst muslims. Yes, we are not allowed to eat swine, but we are not allowed to eat shellfish either yet one rarely see muslims recoil at images of crabs and lobsters. In fact, I do believe we all love prawns

Even the image of a bottle of gin would be better than a picture of a pig to some muslims!

Edited on, October 25, 2005, 3:29 AM GMT, by fab.
Reason: accidently submitted without giving my personal commentary!